Daycare Teacher – Internship JobSouthborough, MA
Apply NowBack to All Jobs
ABOUT THE POSITION: NECC is seeking to fill a Daycare Teacher- Summer Intern. The Daycare intern will work under the supervision of the Director of Daycare and is responsible for the education and care of the children, including implementation of lessons and activities.
ABOUT YOU: You are an energetic and passionate person looking to further your experience in early childhood education. You are available for a summer position.ABOUT NECC: NECC is a global leader in autism education and research headquartered in Southborough, MA, and provides a comprehensive structure to help children with autism at every stage. The New England Center for Children (NECC) is committed to an inclusive culture where all students, employees, families, and partners feel welcome, safe, and valued. We believe that fostering diversity and equity makes us a strong, more successful community.
- Implementation of age-appropriate and individualized curriculum (to include daily schedule, environment activities and teacher-child interaction,) which supports the school philosophy and developmental milestones of the child.
- Familiar with the health care policy and evacuation procedures of the school.
- Assuming an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Utilizing suggestions and role modeling of the lead teacher to gain knowledge and skills for working with young children and their families Facilitating and observing children’s play
- Direct supervision and routine care of all children, including diapering/toileting, handwashing, nose-wiping, face cleaning, changing clothes as needed, etc.
- Assess the capabilities of the children enrolled and complete progress reports every 6 months.
- Prior classroom experience working with young children required.
- Patience, flexibility, and enthusiasm for working with young children
- A collaborative, team approach to creating an equitable work environment