Health Specialist JobSouthborough, MA
NECC is seeking to fill a full-time 40 hours Health Specialist. This role is vital to improving NECC team members’ well-being at work. The Health Specialist is responsible for a variety of projects designed to improve health and wellness within the NECC-community. Along with ensuring employees have access to insurance and related health and wellness services.This position is on-site at our Southborough, MA office.
- Collaborate with other internal department, including NECC’s EAP program to coordinate health and wellness awareness campaigns, activities, and trainings directed toward reducing health risks and improving overall wellbeing.
- Play an active role in heightening awareness about stress and burn-out, and ways to mitigate their effects to improve overall functioning and performance.
- Assist in the development of interventions to reduce impact of stress and burnout on overall mental and physical wellbeing.
- Provide assistance and coaching to staff as needed while serving as an advocate for improving overall health and wellbeing.
- Serve as a resource to refer employees presenting with mental health challenges to the appropriate sources of professional EAP support.
- Conduct Health and Wellness workshops & trainings for NECC staff.
- Promote awareness about mental health and strategies to improve wellbeing amongst employees.
- Develop an on-site health and wellness resource library.
- Compile health and wellness program data to ensure detail program evaluation.
- Coordinate employee wellness programs focused on fitness, exercise, nutrition, and healthy lifestyles.
- Continually assesses the needs and interests of employees.
- Facilitate educational programs in partnership with local health agencies, business partners and other available resources.
- Maintain appropriate, complete, and accurate records on all wellness programs and participation and operates activities within an approved budget.
- Work with vendors to conduct training and provide written material as required.
- Develop communication tools and training programs regarding wellness and other health matters, including social media opportunities.
- Oversee the NECC Wellness Committee and participates in the Staff Injury Committee.
- Participate in weekly Human Resources Department meetings.
- Ensure the confidentiality of health and wellness participant information.
- Assist the NECC Human Resources Department in communicating health and wellness insurance related benefits, including how to access necessary services.
- Assist the Human Resources Department with coordination of the annual Health and Wellness Fair.
- Certification/license in a specific wellness related field.
- Certifications for WELCOA, National Wellness Institute, The Chapman Institute, IAWHP a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in setting size of 100+ employees that include leading wellness events and initiatives
- Experience in care giving setting a plus
- Ability to work on-site full-time
- Sensitivity to diverse populations accessing NECC services
- Demonstrated professionalism and effective interpersonal style
- Possesses verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to engage the NECC community and local partnerships and health and wellness vendors
- Willingness to perform a wide range of Health and Wellness initiatives
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
·Competitive salary commensurate with experience
·Generous paid vacation starting at 4 weeks annually
·Comprehensive health/dental/vision benefits
·Tuition and childcare reimbursement
·Employee assistance program
·Employee resource groups
·And much more!
ABOUT NECC: The New England Center for Children (NECC) is a global leader in autism education and research headquartered in Southborough, MA. NECC provides a comprehensive structure to help children with autism at every stage. NECC is committed to an inclusive culture where all students, employees, families, and partners feel welcome, safe, and valued. We believe that fostering diversity and equity makes us a strong, more successful community.